NaNoWriMo Nov Day 26: Emma Carroll
We are SUPER excited to be publishing acclaimed author Emma Carroll's first book for Chicken House, Sky Chasers, next year – not least because she gives amazing tips to NaNoWriMo-ers. Nearly there, guys – keep going!
What would be your five top tips to budding writers?
1. Write little and often – set yourself a do-able daily word count e.g. 500 words
2. Be patient. Story ideas often take time – and re-writing – to really grow.
3. Don't expect everyone to be as excited about writing as you are! Be selective about who reads it.
4. Walk away from your writing if its not going well. Have a cup of tea. Take the dog out. Leave it for another day.
5. Most of all remember these are tips, not rules. There is no right or wrong to writing, just what works for you.
For those hoping to take part in NaNoWriMo or enter the Times/Chicken House Children's Fiction Competition, what would be your best tip for writing something every day?
Turn off the internet!!!
Enter the Times/Chicken House Children's Fiction Competition to be in with a chance of winning a £10k publishing contract!